Baxi 105e, fan / flue problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, great forum..

Advice please, i have a Baxi 105e (about 3-4 years old).

Last night whilst my wife was filling the bath the hot water went cold, i checked the error lights and the fan/flue light was showing. I switched the bolier on/off again and i worked for a very short time and the same fault re-appeared, i just get the fault light now.

Looking through the docs it appears to seem pretty straight forward for fault finding the obvious. The Pressure switch is working (very gently blowing/sucking on the tubes makes the microswitch click (electrical continuity is confirmed whilst i did this.

No AC Voltage on the fan terminals and none on pin 5 & 7 on A5 on the control board. The manual says replace the cct board!

Anyone have a cct diagram? the board appears very straight forward.

Are there any more tests i can do before getting a new cct board?

Is this is common fault on Baxi 105e?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mank thanks in advance!!

Cheers

Benn

Sponsored Links
TBH MI for fault finding in most cases are a waste of time.

Did you try to reset the boiler :?: sometimes you must hold the switch in the reset position for quite some time.

Baxmax said:
Did you try to reset the boiler :?: sometimes you must hold the switch in the reset position for quite some time.

Reset as in the off switch? If so, then yes i have, thanks.

The previous post said the supplied manual is rubbish - the manual may not be the holy grail but it does break everything down into clear segment parts. Air pressure switch appears to work (as already mentioned) just no juice to fan.

In the fault finding section it sugguestd checking the primary temperature sensor - not certain if this would stop the fan from operating - can anyone confirm please?

Sponsored Links
I switched the bolier on/off again and i worked for a very short time and the same fault re-appeared, i just get the fault light now.

Forgive me i dont know how to "highlight" your quote.Switching the boiler on and off again is not the same as attempting to reset it. :confused:

I switched the bolier on/off again and i worked for a very short time and the same fault re-appeared, i just get the fault light now.

Forgive me i dont know how to "highlight" your quote.Switching the boiler on and off again is not the same as attempting to reset it. :confused:[/quote]

I have had the PCB going faulty and failing to send voltage to the fan so the boiler thinks it is an APS problem.

(had this several times )

Andy

andsam said:
I have had the PCB going faulty and failing to send voltage to the fan so the boiler thinks it is an APS problem.

(had this several times )

Andy

Hi all, the previous quote is rigyt switching the boiler off does not mean resetting, i had not done this - BUT it still did not recitify the problem.

I bought a PCB board (slightly different), spent 5 mins fitting it - tried it still failed. Reset the unit twice and now it works!! touch wood. HEAT!!!!!

The Baxi instructions may not be great but they are simplistic enough to do the job - i followed their flowcharts and luckily? sorted the boiler.

Thanks for the people who have answered - your a credit to this forum - thank you!!

Cheers

Benn :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back