Help with new Kitchen Fan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We purchased a new kitchen fan. The old one had simple wiring; switched FCU (3amp) to flex outlet (L:N:E) then live & neutral to the fan.
The new fan requires a switched live as it has a timer and humidistat. How would I wire this? All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hawk

Sponsored Links
This type of fan is designed to come on with the lights and run on when they are switched off ( run on timer ). You could try looping out the sw.live and live but some fans don't like this :rolleyes: If you can get a Live, Sw. Live, Neutral & Earth from your lights in the kitchen via a 3core Twin & Earth you could connect it up "properly" thru a 3 pole fan isolator. Another option is to take it back and get a "normal" pull cord one which will just have a L N & E connection :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.

The instructions are pretty vague and the manufacturers even more
vague. When the fan is switched on it will run for a preset period of 20 seconds to 20minutes. It will continue to run after the preset time if the humidity level in the kitchen is above its own preset level.

For the time delay and humidity overide operation it is recommended that
the cable from the fan is connected to a fused spur and operated by a pullcord switch.

The FCU (3amp) is in place but I am not sutre how to wire-in the pullcord switch. Wife is giving me much grief; cannot take fan back as company has ceased trading;further help much appreciated.

Hawk. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back