Volt free contacts on a motorised or zone valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was it my imagination or did I read in a post here that there were volt free contacts on a motorised valve? if so, which valve? if not, why not? 'cos it would be very useful occasionally.

Sponsored Links
The micrswitch on 2 port valves is volt-free, but not the microswitches on 3 port mid-position valves.

Aha!, so those would be the two sealed wires that I always wondered about then?

Are you joking? Perhaps Eliteheat is a joke?

There are 5 wires - earth, neutral and switched live (to operate the motor) and two more (grey and orange) connected to the microswitch.

Sponsored Links
Instead of linking grey to live send it with the orange to the part of the boiler that is bridged prior to you puting external controls in..

Paul Barker said:
Instead of linking grey to live send it with the orange to the part of the boiler that is bridged prior to you puting external controls in..

Yes, got that thanks. I was thinking of the syncron motor wires for some reason!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back