New Gas Hob the odd smell of gas

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently had a new kitchen including a new gas hob fitted. It has been fitted with a fixed connection etc by a plumber that my joiner organised while I was on holiday. I think that there is the occaisional faint smell of gas although my wife doesn't think there is any smell.

I've also noticed that when the gas in on full blast there are little yellow flashes in the flame. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Sponsored Links
Any smell of gas needs investigating urgently

0800 111 999 ring it now.

it dont cost out for transco to turn up and test the system , 24/7/365 .

Have you rang them yet ?

Call Transco (or whatever they call themselves this week) on 0800 111 999 - its free and they will determine if there is a leak. Sounds like the kitchen fitter did the gas pipework himself (hose connections are highly unlikely to be compliant)

Sponsored Links
Just come off the phone from Transco and the gas is now turned off.

Thanks for the speedy reply guys.

The joiner is a friend of mine so I know he did not do the gas work.

I guess we'll know pretty quick if there is a problem.

I'll let you know the outcome

So the nice man from transco has just left having told me that the connection to the hob has a very small leak. :(

He has isolated it. Will be on the phone to the fitter tomorrow to get him back to fix it gratis!

Thanks again for the advice to call the emergency number.

make sure you get a Gas Work Notification Certificate from CORGI , for the installation of the new gas hob .

Your fitter should have completed the paperwork , worth asking when he comes back tomorrow !!

Arf

All CORGI reg fitters have to comply . It part of Corgi`s terms of membership.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back