Wirlpool dishwasher DS4501/5

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I\\\'ve got a problem with my dishwasher wondered if anyone could help. It started when the the machine lost all power, no lights would come on ect. I thought there was a power problem and checked all power from socket to control board. Everything is ok, and by looking on this site I found that holding the start button down for a period of time woluld reset the control board chip. I did this and it worked in that the start LED started working. However, the cycle could be started in any mode and the process siimply stops after the second mode - in that the system purges the remaining water, fills up with new cold water and then stops (or pauses for an infinite amound of time). The green LED is still on at this point. If I hold the button for a couple of seconds the water will drain. These are the only two things I can make the machine do. The green LED does not flash to show an error code and I\\\'m not sure if the water is filling up fully or at the right speed but does not look unusually low or slow.

Is it possible that the chip program has been reset fully (hence not knowing any process after the first default mode). If so can it be reprogrammed (I see a slot in the board that I think is for this process), If so is there anyway to get it done at a fraction of the cost of getting an engineer out? Also, If you cannot program the board, how much and/or where could I buy the board myself. Or am I off the mark and it could still be a sensor problem, not a fault as such but giving a faulse reading?

Can anybody help
Thanks

Sponsored Links
After it fills with water do you hear a humming noise?
If you do try a new capacitor on the wash motor.

No, the machine hums when the water is being filled but once it stops there are no sounds. If you mean a humming just before it stops I'm not sure I will check when I get home tonite

Thanks

P.S. where would this capacitor be anyway?

Sponsored Links
Latest is - I thought the temperature probe was broken as its resistance was in Mohms. However, the problem seems to be intermitten and now reads 50K which is correct and drops with increased temperature. Anyway, I have made sure that it works when installed. Now the machine fills with water and automatically drains itself then flashes the error code as 11 flashes followed by a pause then repeats - what does this mean? could I have put it back together incorrerctly or is the original fault with the machine?

Thanks for your help
Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back