Drain and refill system, HW tank too?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just run some sentinel X300 through my system after having new radiators.

When I drain it off do I need to drain the hot water cylinder side too or will that side just dilute as the system refills before adding X100

Thanks

Sponsored Links
sime10 said:
sorry answered wrong one please delete

Mmmmmm OK.

Any suggestions please. It could be done but looking at the drain point would me mighty awkward to get a hose on it.

Sponsored Links
look round your house for another drain off aswell around the out side of your poperty becuase they do stick them outside sometimes (behind bushes ect.)
Turn your heating AND hot water on and put a hose on the drain off and open the drain off
right now the confusing bit balance the water coming out of the hose to the speed the central heating tank (in your loft most prob) is filling up and just run the hose intill its clear normaly for a 10 rad system and clyinder takes about 30mins to hour and half of just watching the hose and remember to keep on cheacking the C/H F&E that it isnt draining to quickly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back