ceiling peeling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just finished decorating me sons room to find that the ceiling is peeling.

It is artexed (only the thin bobbly stuff) and I have painted with Dulux One Coat.

The morning after i had painted the ceiling the paint cracked and can be pulled off in big chunks. I pulled off the flaky stuff and painted again but it is bubbling and flaking again.

There is no damp in the room at all and I have used Dulux One Coat to paint every other ceiling in the house.

Help is there an easy answer to this or do I need to get it replastered.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Me personaly believe that One Coat Emulsions should all be banned, cos they all RUBBISH. Was this ceiling that you are having problems with, already amulsioned over the artex ?

Sponsored Links
When One Coat emulsion is applied over silk or soft sheen or non-porous surfaces then the One Coat emulsion ends up the way your one cieling is. Also, One Coat emulsion WILL eventualy crack EVERYWHERE it has been used, whether it has not been used over an non-porous surface. Even if u get the cieling now plastered, then the One Coat emulsion bits that seem sound will blister during applying the plaster or will blister in 1 week or 1 month or 6 month or even 1 year etc. Best thing to do is re-sheet the cieling if its gyproc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back