Skimmed walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
been told to use UVP to prepare for emulsioning. I've seen waterproof and another that says 'not to be used with water based paints' ....isn't emulsion water-based

Any advice and what the best one to use is..I have a B&Q and a Focus nearby

Sponsored Links
What do you mean when your write, "Been told to use UVP to prepare for emulsioning" ?

My painter said to prepare for the application of my coloured emulsion paint, I would need to first prpare the walls by applying a 'base coat', would this be right

Depends if your painter is wanting you seal/first coat walls, in order he is going to apply a second and third coat, so that he can fill just before HIS first coat ? Would this be correct ? Or are you coating the walls yourself ?

Sponsored Links
I need to seal/1st coat the walls, them having just been skimmed. What is the best thing to use please, brand names will do so as I can buy immediatly

Not as simple as that. Is Painters going to finish emulsion walls for you ? Yes or No ? The reason i ask cos sometimes diferent brands can have adverse reactions to one another. Anyway, you are best using Dulux Trade Supermatt for first coat...........................

Exactly what iv been wondering..........do you think he means the dreaded 3 letter word......

wait for it.......

PVA.....rghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhh hh h! :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back