Valiant Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vailant combi boiler, the pressure has always been set to run at around 1 - 1.5 bar. However, since reconnecting a rad following some decorating, I find that the pressure relief valve starts leaking when it get to anything like the 1.5 mark. I have bled the system and all is fine. Any ideas other than a faulty valve?

Sponsored Links
re-connecting a rad shouldnt cause any problems. If the pressure is blowing off at 1 bar, when the boiler is on it could be a block heat/changer. However if the boiler is blowing off when cold at 1 bar it may be a faulty pressure rel valve.

did you drain the combi at all? if so did you blow it off?

the washer may be shot, try replacing the valve there only around £6.00 and a doddle to replace, 2 min job...

Silly chappie you didn;t say which boiler - and it's V a i l l a n t (!) Many of their pressure relief valves will come apart easily & can be cleaned.

Sponsored Links
it shouldnt really matter that much, but yer as chris said they can be cleaned but you might as well stick a new one in there cheap enough

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back