Airbag warning light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 6 year old 1.2 Renault Clio and the airbag warning light has just started staying on . Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix?

Sponsored Links
You will probably need to have a code readout done on it, this will tell you the part that has failed.

;)

scamp said:
I have a 6 year old 1.2 Renault Clio and the airbag warning light has just started staying on . Any ideas what is causing this and how to fix?

Oddly I had exactly the same problem. I left it alone for 6 months, 'cos I couldn't be ar5ed to fix it, and now it's gone away. Maybe the bulbs have blown :!:

Eddie M said:
Maybe the bulbs have blown :!:
You'll know if it doesn't come on when you turn the key. ;)

Personally, i'd get any airbag problem fixed asap. They aren't funny when they deploy, but you will want it to when the time comes. Take it to a reputable garage (preferably a main dealer - they know what they're talking about and have all the ness. kit)

Sponsored Links
Nah, it's well past it's sell by date, time to junk it.

check the connections under the drivers seat,common fault on clios,i have had 3 clios and two of these had a fault with the air bag light,it is the pretensioner.

If it's got passenger airbags too there is a sensor under the passenger seat to sense if there is anyone in it (ie whether the airbag needs firing on the passenger side or not)

Back