Replacing Randall 103 with Drayton Tempus 7

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Don't know if I'm being stupid here but I want to replace a Randall 103 central heating timer with a Tempus 7, and had hoped it would be a case of just rewiring to my new back plate. However, the wiring seems to be totally different. I can work out the neutral and the live connections but other than that, my Randall just has a red wire going into slot 1, nothing in slot 2, a brown wire connecting slot 3 to the live terminal and then a yellow and green wire into the earth. As far as I can work out, the Drayton doesn't appear to have an earth at all so am not sure what to do with that wire, and there aren't enough wires to put one in every slot on the Tempus.

I realise this is probably just me being an idiot but if anyone could suggest anything, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Sponsored Links
Hang on, a Randall 103 is just a basic switch. What are you trying to control?

i am just looking to control the central heating on a timer. we have a combi boiler so don't need seperate heating and hot water controls. have i bought the wrong thing?

thanks

What is the make and model of the combi you have?
Most come with a timer and others are an add on

and there aren't enough wires to put one in every slot on the Tempus.

Theres no law saying there must be one in each slot.

I have concerns about your competence to do this job safely so for your own safety please get a pro to do the job for you.
It will be cheaper than blowing up programmers to learn the hard way

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back