Hotpoint Washer Vibrates Badly. Hoover Does Not!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a few washing machines in various flats.

I bought 2 Hotpoint WD64 washer dryers last year, and both vibrate the whole building on spin, (anything from 600rpm to 1200rpm).

I also have a Hoover Six which I bought about 3 years ago, which is as smooth as silk, in the same building.

I've had the back off one of the Hotpoints and there seem to be only 2 damping struts which the drum sits on, and 2 springs at the top which I guess just prevent it moving too far forwards and backwards.

I dont know what is inside the Hoover 6, but it seems like another damping strut at the rear of the drum would improve things in the Hotpoints.

Any ideas for reducing vibration on the Hotpoints? (I wont be buying any more!).

What things should I look for in new machines, (I will be buying about 6 over the next few months), which minimise vibration?

Or what might the Hoover 6 have that makes it so smooth?

Many Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
We had 2 Hoypoints whiwere both a pain fot that. Zanussi is fine. Could try putting feet on a couple of layers of carpet.

Hotpoint washing m/c are generally louder than most other brands. they must be on a flat surface other wise they are even louder, I can nnot rememebr your model but some have a front adjustable wheel at the front to make the mc stable. (Its a horitontal wheel that adjusts the foot at the very front just above the floor if yours has one)

You should not be able to "wobble" a hotpoit by holding it at the top diagonals, if you can its not "flat"

If it is under 12mths, hot point will come out free of charge

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back