Neff Hob and Oven

nkp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. Same old question Im afraid but clarification would be welcome.
Replacing old electric Hob and fan oven with
Neff B1322.1 oven rated 2.8kW and
Neff T1323 hob rated 6600W (assume that is 6.6kW?).
Old set up was running off 30Amp fuse through a dedicated socket.....am I snookered with the new set-up?
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you take the two units together, ie, the same as a free-standing cooker (I'd say it is the same from a load point of view) and apply diversity, the load is 24.3A, assuming the cooker control unit has a 13A socket included, otherwise reduce by 5A. So 30A is OK for the protective device

There will be several opinions as to whether you should apply diversity here, I'm sure.

Then there is the question of cable rating & voltage drop - what is the cable size, how long is the run and how is it installed (clipped direct, in conduit, with other cables, etc?) oh - and what type of fuse, since there is quite a severe derate for rewireables.

Cooker control unit does indeed have a 13A socket.
Cable rating & voltage drop and cable size unknown as I am not qualified to judge.

Cable run is approx. 12M to box, in conduit in kitchen but not in loft space,

Thanks for your input davelx......

4mm cable would be OK from a voltage drop standpoint (5.2V at full load) but I think it's right on the edge for current carrying capacity even if the protection was an MCB, esp. if the cables are bunched up with others near the CU.

If the protection is a rewireable fuse then you need cable rated at 42A or more (ie Fuse/0.725), which means 10mm, I think - don't have the full tables to hand.

Time for the experts to comment, I think.....

Sponsored Links
Dont agree with your diversity calc. The 10A + 30% rule is guidance for a single appliance. Here you have two appliances so you calculate

(230V)

10A x 2 = 20.00
then add
30% of remainder = 6.26
plus 5A if you have an adopted socket = 5.00

Total 31.26amps

I'd lose that socket and just install a plain old (45Amp) switch

TTC

Taylortwocities said:
Dont agree with your diversity calc. The 10A + 30% rule is guidance for a single appliance. Here you have two appliances so you calculate

TTC

Yes, if you look at it like that. But why would you? The way an integrated hob and oven is used is no different from the way a separate oven and hob is used, so I see no reason to treat them differently.

Diversity is supposed to be applied with a knowledge of how the appliances on the circuit are used. You used the word "guidance" yourself - that's all it is.

Yes, true. But I just get that feeling that on Xmas Day morning someone might be suffering from cold turkey so I err on the side of caution.

TTC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back