Vaillant Turbomax Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I looked at a Vaillant Turbomax Plus 824E today as a part of the job that I am doing and the householder complained that sometimes the H/W temperature is only warm. After running the hot tap about 20 times i managed to get this fault to show. I felt the flow pipe of the heating and this was getting warm so I would guess the diverter is at fault.
What I need to know is this..
There is a screw cap on the diverter that holds a (metallic pin) and is connected via a multi connector, is this the part that needs changing or is it the main body of the diverter.
Sorry this is the first Vaillant I have ever had a need to inspect.
Thanks
Stuart

Sponsored Links
I have just consulted the Vaillant website and the part I can't identify is apparently called an actuator.

Are you registered? as you are working on a customers boiler.

Sponsored Links
GasGuru... Read my signature..
Sime10... No there are no error codes, I thought it was a mistake on their part but I definately got the fault to reproduce (the DHW went luke warm) and so I felt the flow pipe to see if it was losing it to the heating and it definately was. I know the Diverters can be a problem on Vaillants but not being a Vaillant regular I thought you chaps could point me in the right direction.
Stuart

I haven't come across that problem before so here is the Tech help no 01634292392

Saying I have not had this problem before as I haven't on a Valiant

Thank You Sime10, I will call them tomorrow morning. I will also download the Installation manual for part numbers etc.
Thanks For Your Help.
Stuart

In that case its easy to tell if the diverter is sticking.

Remove the motor head (brass ring nut). Use long nose pliers to get to the diverter pin. It should be easy to shunt it backwards and forwards.

To check the motor head hold the pin and motor section together (otherwise the pin just spins around) and check it moves back/forward on selection of heating/hotwater.

Had a day full of dodgy tight ar**d landlords that won't use anyone qualified. :evil:

Thanks GasGuru, I will try that before calling Tech Support.
I will report back when I have done the above.
Stuart

Thanks Sime10.
I called Tech support and they confirmed that it was a problem with the diverter, changed it and everybody is happy with the result.
Thanks For Your Help.
Stuart

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back