New boiler required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Has been a while since I've posted here but have a few questions.......

As topic is titled a new boiler is to be fitted here, old Sime 80 is causing more trouble than worth mentioning so it's out with the old etc.

Going to get a local plumber in (any recomendations for the Glasgow area welcome) to do the work. Not asking the usual "how much" question but rather which brand would folk here recommend?

I have in my head Potterton / Baxi (same companyish??) and Worcestor (bosch?) as being decent. Any suggestions/critique gratefully recieved.

Stu

Sponsored Links
There are a lot of pretty good boilers out there today.

You've basically got to decide between band A and band B. Price difference is £300 or so more for any particular manufacturers band A boiler.

In many cases a lot of the boiler is the same between the two. The main difference being that band a uses a single high quality heat exchanger and premix burner which ensures better efficiency but not by a huge margine. I am not entirely convinced the band A's are worth the extra but others will probably shoot me down in flames.

For me if going for band a I would recommend a Buderus over any other boiler at any price, but others will feel different.

MAny manufacturers now use the Giannoni heat exchanger. I wouldn't be over sold on the fantastic idea of using stainless steel. Don't be sold to by baffling tecnology. The Worcester band a heat ex and the Buderus band a heatex isn't ss and is not necessarily a lesser quality, au contrare it might be better in the lonmg run when the ss version through it's smaller passageways starts to sound like an airoplane taking off 10 years down the line.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back