can I get certificate for combi I installed myself?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After moving to my new house I installed a new condensing combi boiler, it has been working perfectly for more than 2 years and is still great.
But now I am selling the house and the buyer is asking for installation certificate. Do you know if corgy registered people can certify the installation?
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you require a home owners gas safety record , most corgi gas engineers do this type of work .

It should include checking all appliances , visiable pipework and a tightness test .

cost vary depending on installation .

if there are any faults then this is extra , if they are dangerous , then appliance will be cut off , if you dont let the engineer do it , he`ll/she`ll just ring transco and they`ll cut you offi n the street .

Arf

Thanks for your reply, most appreciated. All sounds great. Already have a corgi eng. to do gas safety certificate.
cheers

It is not a Gas saftey record you want , it is a Certificate of compliance for the boiler.

The boiler must be a condensing boiler( or you must provide an exemption certificate), must be installed per regulations for all aspects (flue/Vent/Gas).

Regular Corgi engineers cannot do it as a) They did not install it and most will not be willing to take full reponsibility for an installation they did not do it and b) The installation should have been certified within 10 days of installtion.

You can however get the council out to certify it now (providing the above criteria are met) but this will cost (depending on area) about £150-200.

Sponsored Links
Thanks HarrogateGas, do you mean the local council?
The boiler is a condensing one and all was done according to installation instructions and has been working perfectly fine for 2 years and still does.
Subsequently I was told by someone else that he's done the same and gas safety certificate was sufficient, hm. :eek:

kevplumb said:
you dont alf talk some rubbish :rolleyes:
and before you reply do some homework fella

Shall I repeat kevplumbs post because he is correct :LOL:

Stop talking rubbish, and do some homework.

A hint the boiler was installed in 2004 ish :eek:

div69 said:
But now I am selling the house and the buyer is asking for installation certificate.Many thanks in advance

Tell him you haven`t got one :idea: it`s not the law yet & won`t be for as long as Tony Blair has a hole in his anus

Basically it`s not law till 2007 and definitely nothing required when yours was fitted . It is something solicetors use to make more money by sending letters out and claiming more time. Tell them to stop wasting your time and tell people buying house not to pay extra added to bill

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back