vokera linea 24 cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what is the best thing that i can use to clean the system of my combi boiler, and how do i go about doing it?

cheers

Sponsored Links
Just read your other post again.

So when you run a tap the display is reading approx 65 degrees?

Is the water coming from the tap only luke warm?

I'd be looking at the hot water thermistor.

Turn down the supply from the mains cold water via the stopcock, watch the temperature guage, it should increase as the less flow through the heat exchanger allows the water to absorb more heat from it. If this happens you need to remove the plate heat exchanger and either chemically descale it or replace with a shiny new one! On a 24 the hot water flow rate won`t be much to shout about anyway. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Strachan said:
Turn down the supply from the mains cold water via the stopcock, watch the temperature guage, it should increase as the less flow through the heat exchanger allows the water to absorb more heat from it. If this happens you need to remove the plate heat exchanger and either chemically descale it or replace with a shiny new one! On a 24 the hot water flow rate won`t be much to shout about anyway. :rolleyes:

BUT... the boiler thinks the dhw is 65 degrees. (which is too hot anyway)

In hw mode it checks the resistance of the DHW thermistor.

When the water to water heat exchanger is sludged up the primary water gets too hot and the high limit stat kicks in.

Primary water on this one is only getting to 75 deg.

Going on my own linea 24 that did the same thing 3 months ago. Went down the thermistor road to no joy. Replaced the heat exchanger as mine was blocked with hard scale. Cured my problem though. The overheat stat never cut out on mine which as you rightly say should have happened with resticted flow. It was one of those things that happens, fixed it, don`t know exactly how, but it`s fixed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back