Laying floor carpet tiles [delevered, not self adhesive]

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently bought these for the showroom area of my unit.

I have never laid carpet tiles before, any general tips would be great.

My main question is, these tiles are self adhesive. I will be fixing them to timber floorboards. Is it best to use an extra adhesive perhaps? Where would be the best place to get the adhesive from, and which would be the best brand?

Cheers

[EDIT] ok on delevery of these tiles they are found not to be self adhesive, can anyone recommend a suitable adhesive?

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
you would be attempting to glue glue with glue, wont work.

It depends on what thetiles are made of as to how to cut.

i thought a utility knife would be good when i got mine (asked very nicely, paid zip for loads)

it turned out the best thing was a pair of scisssors, knife kept getting stuck

Sponsored Links
Carpet tiles are normally laid on a smooth surface ie. screeded floor or one lined with ply. If your floorboards are smooth, butted together and flat they should be alright but any deviations will show wear in the tiles eventually.
It is best to centre your room and work out to the walls but be careful of any protrusions giving you silly cuts in the tiles.
You can lay them either straight or at right angles to each other(they usually have direction arrows on the back) using a tackifier NOT adhesive.
I don't know where you are based but a local flooring supply firm will carry this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back