fluctuating water temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Valliant Combi boiler..only 3 years old. The CH is ok but when i turn on the shower or any taps the hot water temperature fluctuates and there is a strange kind of rushing sound ( a low whistling sound ) in the system somewhere...pipes. This sound also occurs when the CH comes on. Any ideas?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the modulation is not working correctly.
Could be the modureg valve.

Noise fault could be Sludged up Gianonni heat ex. Get system cleansed and include boiler in the loop.

Temperature fault could be overheating due to above and most likely is that.

or for other reasons such as incorrectly set up gas valve, which these days on that boiler involves an analyser, and sensors.

Bet now you wished you had got an installer who cleaned the system properly 3 years ago.

Get a magnaclean or boiler buddy fitted after the clean up job.

Hope you don't have to buy a new gianoni they cost the manufacturers £100 so they will probably want £400 out of you. If it comes to that you can get a baxi with the same heat ex in it for about £500 on magic boiler scheme through pts (no connection).

thanks for that guys
sounds bad...lots of money to fix too. I thought these boilers were good. When i had the flat done all the plumbing was done too, all new, all new radiators...the works.
i had no idea it needed fixing again so quickly.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back