CENTRAL HEATING HASSLE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i hope u can help at the weekend i had to install a new pump as the centrol heating system failed . after installing i refilled the system but only the top rads were working even after bleeding ,so i emptied and refilled as i thought that it might be a air block but after refilling again i still have no heating on the ground floor .
please help :(

Sponsored Links
Turn off all the upstairs rads on the valve at one end.

You maywell have an airlock in the drops to downstairs.

Make sure the pump is on the right speed or the same as the old one.

Stan

pannierstan said:
Turn off all the upstairs rads on the valve at one end.

You maywell have an airlock in the drops to downstairs.

Make sure the pump is on the right speed or the same as the old one.

Stan

and pumping the correct way.

THANKS BUT AFTER TRYING THAT IT DIDNT WORK AND NOW I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE BOILER SWITCHING OFF IN THE NIGHT .I HAVE TO RESTART EVERY MORNING .WHAT IF I BLOW WATER BACKWARDS THROUGH THE SYSTEM WILL THAT HELP ?

Sponsored Links
It's hard to imagine having less information available from the OP. :rolleyes:

pete26671 - there are many possibilities, but it seems likely that you've connected the pump wrongly, so please could you answer the following:

1. What's your boiler make and model?
2. What type of system do you have?
3. What make / model of pump did you remove?
4. What make / model of pump did you install?
5. What is the pump wiring now connected to?
6. Do you hear/feel the pump running at any point?
7. If you alter the speed setting does the sound/feel change at all?

1. What's your boiler make and model? ECONOMIST BY MYSON

2. What type of system do you have?

3. What make / model of pump did you remove? GRUNFOS 15-50

4. What make / model of pump did you install? AS ABOVE

5. What is the pump wiring now connected to? I JUST RECONNECTED THE PREVIOUS WIRES

6. Do you hear/feel the pump running at any point? THE PUMP IS RUNNIG

7. If you alter the speed setting does the sound/feel change at all? YES 3 SPEEDS

pete26671 said:
Softus said:
I JUST RECONNECTED THE PREVIOUS WIRES
Well then, what were the previous wires connected to?

And if you say "the same as the new ones" then you won't see me for dust. :rolleyes:

WELL IF THATS YOUR ATTITUDE FORGET IT I FIND HELP ELSEWHERE.IM NOT A PLUMBER I JUST TRIED TI FIX THE PROBLEM I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE CONNECTED TO IF I DID I WOULD HAVE SAID .I HAD TO CHANGE THE PUMP BECAUSE THE LAST 1 FAILED AFTER 8 YEARS

Softus said:
pete26671 said:
Softus said:
I JUST RECONNECTED THE PREVIOUS WIRES
Well then, what were the previous wires connected to?

And if you say "the same as the new ones" then you won't see me for dust. :rolleyes:

Real chip on your shoulder this week Sofus, lighten up. If you cant leave contructive comments here then dont make any at all.

pete26671 said:
WELL IF THATS YOUR ATTITUDE FORGET IT I FIND HELP ELSEWHERE.IM NOT A PLUMBER I JUST TRIED TI FIX THE PROBLEM I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THEY ARE CONNECTED TO IF I DID I WOULD HAVE SAID .I HAD TO CHANGE THE PUMP BECAUSE THE LAST 1 FAILED AFTER 8 YEARS

You come here asking for help, then get arsey when someone asks you for proper information that might lead to a diagnosis. On top of that you SHOUT all the time.

I don't think you'll get much help ANYWHERE on the net with an attitude like that.

Cheers, Mike

Capitals mean you're shouting. Stop it.
IM NOT A PLUMBER

But we are plumbers and we're giving you free advice, not (mostly) trying to sell you anything . If you want help then appreciate that we ask what we need to know, and follow the advice already given.

how do you bleed the pump. sorry if i sound thick but im not a plumber so im doing the best i can :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back