ravenheat diverter valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi does anyone know the best place in manchester/stockport i can get a diverter valve for the ravenheat rsf 820/20. also should i replace the whole vavle or just the diaphram? if just the diaphrap can this be done without taking the diverter out all together?. one more thing does the diverter valve need to come with anything else? many thanks Alan

Sponsored Links
Try putting a search in on the plumbcenter website.

Yes you will have to remove it to replace the diapraghm and if you get a complete valve either way you will need the 5 fibre washers to refit it.

Stan

alscds said:
Hi does anyone know the best place in manchester/stockport i can get a diverter valve for the ravenheat rsf 820/20. also should i replace the whole vavle or just the diaphram? if just the diaphrap can this be done without taking the diverter out all together?. one more thing does the diverter valve need to come with anything else? many thanks Alan

Thats one of the worst diverters to do.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put it that way round wants shooting.

Good Luck ;)

scatmanjohn said:
Thats one of the worst diverters to do.

Whoever thought it was a good idea to put it that way round wants shooting.

Good Luck ;)

Too right and its the one that I have done the most of!! :(

And while we are at it what about all the electrics that are positioned under the only joints that always leak on the DHW inlet and outlet on the Heat/Ex :evil:

Sponsored Links
thanks guys this sounds like its going to be a nightmare. do you have any tips or info on replacing it and what are the best tools for the job.
cheers Alan

I did change one diaphragm without removing the dv, but have a bunch of odd little tools for such things.
If you can get side access take the panels off, which helps a lot, then they aren't hard at all. I don't think I'd bother just changing the diaphs now because the dv's quite old and likely to be a problem. And I tend to mislay the right tool...!
Routinely now use crowfoot and flexible spanners, so don't notice some of the difficulties any more :oops:
42265.JPG
17353.JPG

Bahco do a short wide adjustable, 9029 I think, which is v useful.

If you're looking for a new diverter valve don't bother going to plumbcentre they sell plumbing supplies believe it or not. Go to HRCP boiler spares. Also be careful with ravienheat spares, they have a habit of changing the design of there parts but not changing the model number. Very frustrating. To be honest though, it is Ravenheat we're talking about. THEY ARE ****ING ****.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back