Boiler Trouble

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Right, I have a Ravenheat RSF 84ET which has an annoying intermittent fault. It started a couple of days ago, when I found a leak from the auto air vent and boiler had stopped. I have drained down the boiler, fixed the leak, refilled the boiler, turned on hot tap and boiler fired up fine, turned off hot tap and switched on heating and nothing. Fan runs, pump runs there is gas supply as it lit fine a few minutes before, but it just wont come back on now. Any ideas as to what it could be?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
these have a manual reset OH. located under a plastic cap which unsrews off. the red button should be springy. try this first.

When you repaired the auto airvent did you repair or replace

If you replaced it did you loosen the cap so air can get out?

where is the reset switch i cant find one anywhere. Also i repaired the auto air vent, a washer/gasket had gone. I left the cap off completely to purge any air that was in there.

Sponsored Links
The reset is not a seperate button as is usually the case, it is incorporated into the summer/winter switch. However this has no effect on operation or lack of it. absolutely nothing is hapening now when i turn it on, even the pump and fan dont come on. could this be the board?

could be. get a pen or something sharp and press the reset button on the timer

Ive just tried and it resets the display but still no action from anywhere else, but as i said before everything fired up for a few seconds earlier on and this happened the other day but now just nothing.

ok take the front off the boiler to expose the pressure switch, Take the red tube from the flue side call for heat and blow or maybe suck on the tube (do both) you may hear the spark ignition start ( don't worry cos it won't light.

Blow or suck slowly till you hear ticking

May have too turn on and of a couple of times

I can hear the switch close and i cant suck/blow any more, but still nothing from the fan or pump, however the no gas/burner failure light did come on.

Nope, but the fan and pump would come on before that anyway and they arent. operating sequence for this boiler is: pump--board sensors--fan via pressure switch--spark--pilot--main burner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back