Filling of Holes in Wall....Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I am currently decorating my hallway and have taken the banister fitting out of the wall, leaving behind some deepish holes. Now obviously i am not going to pack these with pollyfilla, any recomendations on what i should use?

Two of the wholes have breeze block behind them and two have brick.

Any help would be much appreciated and if i can get the filler from B&Q that would be a great help as i need to have this complete by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance

martin

Sponsored Links
.......or you can get one coat plaster for repairs. Depending on make I think they will fill holes between 1-2" deep. Check out the instructions!

Only thing I found was the surface finish was good but not brilliant so I had to sand it down slightly which can be a bit messy. That said, perhaps I just didn't smooth it very well !!

Nick

PS definitely available at B&Q cos that's where I got mine.

Sponsored Links
I agree. B&Q sell the Thistle General Purpose plaster (It used to be 'Blue Hawk'). I am just renovating a house and it is the fastest way to fill large irregular holes - where normal plastering techniques are not justified. Get yourself a decent random orbital sander with variable speed - very cheap ones are available from DIY stores and one of those will make your jobs much faster.
The finish will be smooth enough for good quality emulsion, which will fill minute scratches.
It is possible to use a float and water to get a very smooth final finish with this plaster. And it will remain in place at up to 50mm thickness!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back