dishes not dry

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an AEG dishwasher and the dishes won\\\'t get dry. I\\\'ve heard that the \\\"elements may be out\\\". What does that mean? Any other ideas of the reason for the problem? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does it get the water hot when it is washing? If so, the heating element is working.

Look in the instruction book to see if yours has a hot-air drying cycle (some don't) or if the drying cycle can be turned off to save electricity (some can) and how to turn it back on again.

If it does get hot when washing, open the door a little at the end of the final wash to let steam escape. The dishes willl be so hot that they will steam themselves dry quite quickly.

Heater, thermostats, wiring. Only way to diagnose it is to get the meter out and start checking things.

thanks for the ideas. The water does get hot and I have turned off the hot dry to save money. I will check things with the meter.

Sponsored Links
If you've turned off the hot dry then it won't dry. Turn it back on and see what happens

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back