Painting Laminate Flooring

nzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have typical light coloured laminate flooring that doesn't work well with the rest of my apartments decor and since I can't afford to replace it with wood or other more suitable laminate, I was looking for other alternatives when the idea of painting/staining my existing floor hit me. Can this be done and result in a nice finished look? I'd ideally like a darker colour where I could still see the fake graining of the laminate through the new paint/stain. Any suggestions or tips?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
ok my thoughts :LOL: ;)

you have a plastic layer that wont permit staining it will also discourage any finnish sticking to it and trying to abrade the surface to give a key will probably cause small punctures that will cause blotchyness where the colour creeps through

the only advice i can give is try on offcuts rubbing not rubbing staining not staining and combinations off all ideas and see what happens when you stick them together and walk on them

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back