Float Valve won't shut off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
New to site please excuse if in wrong forum.

I have a standard bottom fill toilet cistern. It has been in about 2 years. The valve would not shut off and kept overflowing. I went to Wicks and bought a replacement unit. All plastic. This one also keeps overflowing, although not as quick as the original one. Neither has a flow regulator spiral as its used off a loft CWT.

Its a real puzzle. I am open to suggestions as I dont the there was anything wrong with the original valve when I inspected it.

Thanks
:)

Sponsored Links
Is it a torbeck inlet valve, if I recall these are an equilibrium valve

Pete

Yes I had a problem myself a while ago and am racking my brain as to how I sorted it.
Try filling it up untill it overflows then turn off at service valve and push the float up and down a few times then slowly open the service valve.

I think that was how I sorted it out.
Good luck
Pete

Sponsored Links
Thet are very sensitive to grit and dirt (possibly also flakes of limescale).

If there has been some work done on the mains or incoming pipes in house (or if there is drowned wildlife in the cistern) that could cause it.

Take it apart and see if it is clean.

Thanks Fluffster it worked exactly to your instructions. :D

Also sound advise JohnD

Cheers

Lewis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back