Shower advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to re-fit our bathroom, and the only thing that I am not certain about is what shower to install. We currently have simple mixer from the taps on the bath which gives an adequate shower, although a bit more power would be nice. I was contemplating fitting an electric shower, but am I right in thinking that these are no more powerful than a mixer shower? I guess we could just fit a dedicated thermostatic mixer shower valve, but I suppose this would be no more powerful than what we have now - just prettier. The other option I was looking at is a venturi effect shower (Trevi Boost), which I had decided was probably what to go for, but was slightly put off by all the 'ifs' and 'buts' in the brochure, along with the statement that you should only use the supplied shower head.

I guess what I am after is a little bit more oomph than our current shower, but don't want a noisy pump that drains our hot water in no time. I also want it neat and minimal (the electric shower I was looking at was a remote one). A thermostatic mixer would be the ideal solution, if only I could be sure it wouldn't be too feeble.

I don't know what our water pressures are, but the bottom of our cold water tank is about 0.8 metres above the current shower head. The hot water tank is stood just above floor level on the first floor, an therefor is below the shower head. Our mains cold pressure seems very good at the kitchen tap (could strip paint on full blast!).

Any suggestions or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back