best type of radiator for conservtory?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just plumbed in the radiator in the conservatory-its a designer collum type,no convecting-just 4 rows of double bars-although the rad is getting hot don't seem to be warming room up!Got it running through back of breakfast bar table on back wall-would changing this for a double connector radiator say 700x 700 mounted under breakfast bar make a noticeable difference to room temp or would be best just shoving an electric halogen/convector heater in there cus although it looks very nice its not very warm in there!
just been looking at the myson fan convector heaters-are these any good??

Sponsored Links
Any rad will do so long as the output is greater than or equal to the heat being lost from the 'room'

Myson fan convectors are great until they are a few years old and the fan gets a bit noisy

Fitting a radiator in a conservatoy is not good practise according to the latest chess (building regs) guide.

Think im gona go for one of the mysons-can the fit under the breakfast bar as the air blows outwards as for the noisy fan ill have to turn volume up on tv if it happens :D

Sponsored Links
HarrogateGas said:
Fitting a radiator in a conservatoy is not good practise according to the latest chess (building regs) guide.

Loads of heat loss I have a 3 KW convector in mine and no way can I sit out there when it is freezing outside.
Its nice just below the convector but the loss must be huge, and thats with all doors closed.
Should have put me self under floor heating, But being a tradesman you can't be bothered in your own place

The only true solution is Heating and cooling airconditioning.

You need about 15kw to heat a decent sized conservatory with Upvc roof.

Your fancy rad will probably only manage to stop its own pipes freezing.

Either that or get yourself a few oil rads.

Stan

Now that I have done it Stan I can only agree but 3 KW in a normal room would be plenty but not a consevatory (energy efficiency is well out the window heating the consevatory)

I agree Sime and sorry that last post should have had cjb quoted on it

Pannerstan Wrote

The only true solution is Heating and cooling airconditioning.

Just consider the heating. Cooling can be acheived by removing clothes and opening windows. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back