Leaking soil stack coupling joint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can I use to repair the leak without replacing the coupling? The soil stack is an internal one and the coupling is just under the floor board.

Sponsored Links
If you can get it dry enough for long enough you could try a dollop of silicone. However your best chance of fixing it cheaply without having to replace it might be the use of some self amalgamating tape.

also

I dont know what its called as it was in a plain white box but my m8 just gave me some putty. 2 colours that you mix together. Its supposed to stick to more or less anything even when wet. Apparently this stuff costs about £24 a shot! Does anyone else know what it might be called?

I had one of these to fix last week but I was lucky. I managed to prise the boss off and remake the joint with solvent cement. Fortunately where it was located it wasnt too much damage when I got to it from below by hacking off a plaster board

Slugbabydotcom said:
I dont know what its called as it was in a plain white box but my m8 just gave me some putty. 2 colours that you mix together. Its supposed to stick to more or less anything even when wet. Apparently this stuff costs about £24 a shot! Does anyone else know what it might be called?

Sounds like epoxy putty.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back