Airlock!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've disconnected my broken washing-machine while awaitng delivery of the new machine. The old machine used the hot and cold supply. So, I've turned off the 2 valves and left the blue and red pipes connected and removed the old machine.

This is in the utility room where the sink is provided with a mains cold supply and hot from the tank. Now sometimes when I turn on the "kitchen" hot water, the utility hot tap begins "spitting" and there is a very loud banging in the pipes. I have to turn on the utility hot tap to stop the noise and when I turn it off, the spitting has also stopped. PS The kitchen cold supply is also mains - don't know if that's relevant!

I think that I've maybe caused an airlock disconnecting the washing machine. The new machine coming is cold fill only so I won't be reconnecting the hot.

What do I do please?

Thank you...

Baxie

Sponsored Links
coulb be sucking air in through the hot washing machine tap ,try capping it off iwith a blank instead off the tap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back