Just replaced diverter but still not hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok ive just replaced the diverter in my boiler and i was quite impressed it took me just over an hour. But after all my hard work there is still not hot water. When you turn the tap on the boiler ignites but the water remains cold. its a ravenheat rsf820/20. any answers?

Sponsored Links
the only thing i can think of is when i was replacing the microswitch. i got a bit muddled up and could have possibly got 2 wires the wrong way round. so the middle one could be at the top and the top cold be in the middle :?: but then it might actualy be as it should. should i swop them round just incase they are the wrong way round? or will that just blow me and the boiler up?

Sponsored Links
Ah just realised that the pilot light is on but the boiler isnt firing up does that help anyone?

how do you find peoples email addresses, only profile i can get into is my own

so shall i swop the wires round ?? or is it something else?
The missus is gonna kill me when she gets back :oops:

im getting very worried about diy'ers on here :cry: .. ps kev can i add you to my msn messenger dont worry im not gunna stalk yer :eek:

nope not got wiring diagram. But now pilot light wont stay on. I have a feeling that the pilot light knob was still depressed a little as it could have been cought on the front panel which would have stopped it coming out all the way thus giving me the impression that it was staying alight. However if this is the case then that would explain why nothings happening when you turn either the heating or water on you here the click as if it should be firing up but nothing happens. so that seems to be saying that the microswitch is working but if theres no pilot then theres no ignition which would explain why theres no heat

Kev ive got the diagram.. Cheers but ive got a feeling it could be the thermo couple?? See previous post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back