Drayton RF2 Digistat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - can anyone please help? I have a new Alfa condensing boiler - It has a Honeywell Programmer wired to it - with Heating and Water section. Wired into this is a Drayton RF2 Digistat. My problem is that the Honeywell seems to be controlling the heating rather than the Digistat. What do I leave the Honeywell on - Off, Auto, Once or Continuous for the Heating if I want the Digistat to control it? At the moment it is on Auto and is taking the on/off times from this. I set the Digistat to come on today and the green light came on the receiver but the boiler didn't come on as it wasn't timed to by the Honeywell. I had to press the Override button on the Honeywell for the boiler to come on!!!! Please help!

Sponsored Links
well then, leave the Honeywell on all the time if doesn't work with it off.

Can't believe it was that simple!!! Thanks so much - has worked a treat !

Sponsored Links
oilman said:
It must be simple, plumbers can operate them.
Is that all plumbers? If so, have you conducted a survey, otherwise which plumbers can't operate them?

Tell your plumber to use the Alpha radio stat next time, available digital or analogue, receiving unit docs in the boiler and is as simple to wire up as the standard clock on most boilers. I think it's £80 sommat plus the dreaded.

Also would fit a vokera a baxi or any other boiler which has a space for one of those round analogue timers which come free on many boilers. The receiving unit is wired in just as one of those, so no extra feed required and no wall mounting required. Obviously much better to partner it up with an Alpha boiler though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back