Ariston Microcombi problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

went to look at this boiler today and it keeps firing up and then cutting out constantly after a few seconds. Pump and fan are running ok, system pressure is fine and all controls are also working ok. Strangely the burner will stay on without the burner cover on which points to a problem with the air pressure in the combustion chamber when the cover is on but the fan is running fine and the flue is properly attached and free from obstruction. I'm thinking it may be a problem with the air pressure switch because everything else seems to be ok. I was hoping some of the fonts of knowledge on here may be able to advise!

Sponsored Links
Hmm don't remember seeing a restrictor but will check on my return. The boiler has been in for a couple of years so i assume it's been working ok till now. Do you think it could be an APS fault at all? Thanks for your help by the way!

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem with my ariston combi it was the electrode corroded i took the front off cleaned it up with some wire wool no problems eversince

check the flue terminal is not damaged, these boilers are sensitive to air supply

Cheers for all suggestions guys, the flue seems fine and i'll check the electrode too just in case.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back