Groundfoss Pump Bleed Screw Fiasco

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I decided to bleed the pump on my Groundfos system and rather cleverly dropped the bleed screw which is now burried beneath my house several feet. :evil:
Have tried diy stores and local plumb centre to no avail. anyone know where / who stocks groundfoss bleed screws as pump is now leaking and need to fix it before house floods......

Sponsored Links
Lift the floorboards, see if you can retrieve it :LOL:

diystressed said:
Have tried diy stores and local plumb centre to no avail. anyone know where / who stocks groundfoss bleed screws as pump is now leaking and need to fix it before house floods......

Scrap yard?

tried it, hole underneath is about 3 inches wide and several foot deep. cannot get it back.

Sponsored Links
deffo the scrapyard then, much quicker.

ask the local litter picker if you can borrow his long litter picking thingy.

Extending magnet as per previous suggestion, but noting Kevs observation, stick a lump of blu tack on the end. Extending magnets commonly available on cheap tool stalls at local market, £1 a throw, various lengths.

Probably available from Halfords, £5 at throw. Will also do long claw grab thingy.

If you're near a q&b, they often have pumps on display, screwed to a board. Sometimes, the screws fall off these. :oops:

Thanks very much, thats a great help, so far we've tried sawing the floorboard up, magnets, and swearing non of which seemed to have helped much, and presently have it blocked with a cork as some jammy git already has picked up the fallen off screws at local store... :LOL: ...
have emailed you.

snes said:
Extending magnet as per previous suggestion, but noting Kevs observation, stick a lump of blu tack on the end. Extending magnets commonly available on cheap tool stalls at local market, £1 a throw, various lengths.

Probably available from Halfords, £5 at throw. Will also do long claw grab thingy.

If you're near a q&b, they often have pumps on display, screwed to a board. Sometimes, the screws fall off these. :oops:

But before they fall off you may need to borrow a srewdriver from the tools section :LOL:

Now theres an idea for something for me to sell on ebay along with an air guitar and this corned beef tin key that I have had hanging around for so long

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back