Can I connect bath from sink pipework ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have bought a new ( old ) house and want to fit a bath as at the moment it only has a shower ( the sort that just has a cold water feed ).

As far as I can tell the only hot water feed into the bathroom is the one connected to the sink, which also has the cold pipe as normal.

What I am wondering is if it would work OK to connect these two pipes to the bath taps, probably splitting the pipes with a T piece connector, then running 22mm pipes to the bath taps ( the pipes to the sink are both 15mm ).

Thinking about it I cant see any reason why this wouldnt work OK as the water is all coming from the same place originally - just wondered if there were any opinions on this ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Go for it ...if it`s low pressure it`ll take a while to fill....if it`s a combi ..IT`ll BE THE SAME :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: maybe slower ;)

why up the pipe leave it at 15mm not much point in changin to tap when exisitng pipes are 15mm

Thanks both, the boiler is a gravity one not a combi one. Not hugely bothered about it taking a while to fill :)

The reason I had thought of upping the bath pipes to 22mm was that I had been told that this would give a faster flow ?

Sponsored Links
You won't get a better flow because existing piping is at 15mm. The bath will always be limited by that. Only if you ripped out all the piping from your tank to bathroom and changed to 22mm would you see an improvement.

Go for 15mm with flexi hoses to bath taps. Makes manoevrability a lot easier :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back