lock out ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My central heating system is causing misery. My potterson boiler, keep going into lockout mode, My water is very hot, but before my rads reach the temperture set by the room thermo, the boiler goes into lockout mode. I have also noticed that the downstairs rads, are cooler than up stairs (although all rads are cooler at the bottoms) I did have this same problem intermittently through the summer when only hot water in use, if i didnt draw the water off the boiler went into LOCKOUT Mode. PLEASE ADVISE ... :( :confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
It sounds as if your system may be sludged up or the pump is failing.

Why dont you call a heating engineer to investigate?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yes the boiler is a potterson suprima . I detect that you've come across this model before, please share what you know.

PCB part number 5111603 is highly likely to be the culprit
Plenty of posts on here about it just search
Sorry I cant hang about now to tell you more

Thank you for your help, i have read a whole lot about boilers today !!
would you be good enough to tell me one more thing, is the PCB 5111603 a complete swap PCB or the one i've read about that needs re wiring etc ??

Sorry 4 delay in reply. I had to pop over to Belgium.
This part is a complete one that needs full rewiring. It includes the right hand casing, the part that tilts forward. The good thing I can say is that of all the ones I have fitted I have never had a callback from as some have done with its pre-decessors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back