Boiler cutting out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help with a cutting out fault on a Glow worm space saver RF 40/50. Sometimes without any pattern it just refuses to fire up, It can happen when the boiler is hot or cold & I suspect the PCB. Whilst it had cut out tonight I checked the feed from the room thermostat & I had a voltage feedback at the thermostat output, If I disconnected the output wire the feed was only there when the thermostat was turned up (as you would expect) This shows that there is power coming from the boiler to the thermostat when it has failed, Is this the classic sign of PCB failure?

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler not fire up for heating and hot water when it is playing up?, does the pump run?

No the Heating , Hot water & the pump do not work when playing up. Am I right in saying the pump will only come on when the PCB asks it to?

Had the boiler serviced this century? ;)
Pump - depends how it was wired up.

Sponsored Links
Yes serviced late summer this year. Pump has been fitted for over 7 years so its not wired wrong (I dont think) & am I right in saying the boiler would fire up if the pump was not working but switch off after a few seconds due to the boiler thermostat switching it off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back