Attaching marking guage battens to Wedi Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking for some advice about attaching marking guage battens to Wedi Boards for my first row of tiling in my wet room project. All the walls are 20mm Wedi and corners/ joints tanked using Wedi Tape. I am no expert tiler, but all the guides seem to suggest attaching a marked batten for the first row, and a vertical batten for subsequent rows, which makes perfect sense.

My problem is, if I nail or screw the battens to the new Wedi walls I am effectively breahing the tanking! What would you suggest? I was thinking of glueing the battens using something like silicone which should be easy enough to remove when required. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

PP

Sponsored Links
Either screw/nail your batten then fill the hole with silicon when you remove the batten. Or make the horizontal batten a tight fit so it springs into place between walls, may need a prop in the center to stop sag.

The vertical one is not so important a line marked with an accurate spirit level or plum bob will do.

Jason

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back