Room thermostat - simple job ?

nrm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Live in a 4 storey house (end of terrace).

Boiler is Worcester Greenstar HE ZB 7-27 HE system

Currently the CH is controlled by the timer on the boiler itself.

This makes it difficult to control the room temperature and I am sure that some form of room thermostat would be better.

I am looking for a quick and easy solution.

I guess all I need is a motorised valve (?) (once I have figured out which valve below the boiler is the correct one to use) and a room thermostat (probably wireless).

However, to avoid problems I guess I should get someone in to install this as there may be other issues I need to look into or think about (to avoid "dry cycling" etc?)

If this is the case do I need to contact a central heating engineer or would a general plumber be able to assist?

Alternatively, if this is pretty staight forward I could do it with assistance from this forum?

Sponsored Links
never let a plumber touch central heating, its now too specilisedd. heating engineer is what you want.

have you thought about trvs?

breezer said:
never let a plumber touch central heating, its now too specilisedd. heating engineer is what you want.

have you thought about trvs?

shame on you breezer on two counts

I still plumb ( mind you I have opened my self up for a torrent of abuse, spcially from raden, that I should not call my self a heating chap, sorry cannot bring myself to say engineer cos we aint) :)

and the boiler must have an interlock (room stat)

OP get a competent person to do it for you its should not be too expensive, ring around

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back