Problem recharging pressure on Worcester 28CDI RSF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My son has just purchased a house with a 4 year old Worcester 28CDI RSF boiler. I removed the radiators while decorating and have now put them back on. The boiler pressure is now 0. I have put the white T shaped key in hole, turned to lock it and opened the grey valve as the instructions say. Nothing happens, no pressure increase. I have removed the key with the grey valve open and water runs out of the hole where the key goes, so water is entering the boiler.

Any ideas of what the matter can be, as Worcester want £185 to come out and look at it.

Sponsored Links
might be the non return valve on the other side aint working

WB's 185 is a good deal if you ask me

Probably just the pressure gauge port blocked...happens all the time!

Could be be one the suggestions pointed out above ,,, although this boiler and others, in the range, with the same type of integral filling loop, suffer from a common fault ,, IE is the grey plastic knob actually opening the valve, or just riding over the worn spindle,, check this out . Good luck. ;)

Sponsored Links
Can you here water entering the boiler!!

If so , as already said its a blocked pressure gauge , or the actual needle is stuck , try flicking the gauge with your finger.

Dave.

Sorry just read your post a bit more , my fault , you say water is present , what under pressure, or drips !

CorgiIOW said:
Sorry just read your post a bit more , my fault , you say water is present , what under pressure, or drips !
With the key in and the grey valve open there is no sound of water, but water pours out of the key hole with the key out and the valve open. Appears that no water is getting passed the key.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back