Ideal Mini no CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am ACS qualified but with little experience as yet and have just started working for a property management company based in Halifax. In the last 2 weeks i have been to 2 fairly new converted mills that both have Ideal mini boilers in them and neither will work on CH but both work OK on DHW. Any ideas? both room stats are on full and all rad valves and TRVs are open fully and there is 1.5 bar pressure in both boilers. Manual gives no clues. Both boilers are approx 2 years old and have had no more than 6 months use as both flats are empty.

Sponsored Links
If the flats have been empty and the boilers never been used there could be a good chance the external controls have not been wired right.

Access the boiler wiring centre and put a bridge wire across where the room stat comes off the pcb. It would be handy if you have the instructions as this will show you where the room stat connects.

I work in Halifax as well. Which company do you work for ?

Andsam.

Dickinson Harrison estate agents in the centre of Halifax. Their property management side of the business. One is in flats at Beeston in Leeds and the other is in a house at Sowerby Bridge. I thought that maybe the roomstats weren't calling for heat also or not wired correctly but as my electrical knowledge is more limited than my heating knowledge at present am not too sure.

You have not made it clear if the heating has ever worked.

I often encounter CORGi engineers who cannot understand how to turn the ideal mini boilers on at the timeclock when the built in one is fitted.

As suggested short the external control and rotate the right knob to the heating side and it should then work. If not then you may need a competent engineer to identify the fault.

Tony

Sponsored Links
i'm guessing that both have worked. Maybe it is me who just doesn't know how to turn the damn thing on properly? Both do have the inbuilt timeclock. There is someone living at the Beeston property and they haven't complained about it yet which leads me to think that there might be a switch on the wall somewhere (maybe in a different room ) that i haven't found out about. The main switch for the one at Sowerby bridge is in the kitchen (boiler is in the bathroon cupboard). I've found that one but the boiler still won't fire on CH. Again, someone has lived at the one in S Bridge judging by the amount of mail behind the door. Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a try this week.

Push red slider switch to the lowest position and then toggle between CH on/off with the left hand button ( all on the timeclock! ).

Tony

Thanks for that one Tony - I'll try again this week sometime. I managed to blow the lighting circuit at Sowerby bridge so someone will have to go out to that one anyway. All i did was to turn on a light switch and all the lights went out. I'm not completely incompetant, but i couldn't find the main fusebox and no-one at the office seems to know where it is either so we'll have to get a sparky to that one.

Yes i know but its the posh end!
if there is a posh end!
Seaforth is a s**t hole just wating to erupt.

Sorry i'm mixing seaforth with seacroft.
Seacroft is a s**hole, never been to seaforth so i wouldn't know about that!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back