Overflow from dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
everytime my dishwasher runs thru the cycle and dispense the used water, the overflow shoots out water and all over my kitchen...help

Sponsored Links
the pipe your dishwasher is connected to (waste pipe) is partialy / blocked

your diswasher is working fine.

I am having the same problem and we just put in a new disposal and replaced both hoses that conect to the overflow valve but it still shoots water out all ofver the kitchen. Help!

Sponsored Links
Not! Brand new hoses. Can't be blocked.

nil points, read my post again, i never mentioned hoses, YOU did, i said the pipe your dishwasher is connected to (waste pipe) is partialy / blocked
i didn't say the pipe FROM your dishwasher did i?

Okay thanks. Not sure I understand what you saying. Do you mean the pipe off of the overflow valve where the two hoses connect or where the hose connects into the dishwasher?

language is a wonderfull thing, its NOT the pipes from your appliances

Isn't it though! Can you be a little more specific and tell me where to find this pipe? Maybe a hint as to what its attached to or where it goes?

I believe what "Breezer" is saying is that:

The DISCHARGE Hose/Pipe from the Dishwasher, is connected to the Waste/Drainage pipe. The drainage pipe may be blocked.

I'm having the same problem. Dishwasher hose connects to a three way connector, up to the overflow and down to the garbage disposal (which is new and works fine). Hoses are fine so is the waste pipe. I tightened up the overflow so that it was closed and the dishwasher didn't empty. I opened it up and out came the water. Why isn't it draining to the disposal?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back