WB Hiflow 440. How does it work?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the heatstore on this boiler contain primary water (the system pressure gauge is attached to it) through which a secondary heat exchanger for the DHW flows before it reaches the 'normal' DHW plate heat exchanger?

I though the store was actually for hot water but it doesnt seem to be (noticed that it filled during system filling).

confused :confused:

Sponsored Links
Breifly, the store is primary water and the tap water runs through a Calorifier as you mention.
The idea is that when the store is hot you can get over 20l of water at the tap but that will only last for 10 mins ish. Then it reverts back to a normal combi heating water as it goes but you will loose some of the flow rate.

Bit crap really I always thought. Right from the days of the Heat slaves :confused:

So the cold water still passes through the calorifer when the store is cold then on to the DHW plate heat exchanger? But when the store is hot then the cold water is preheated so that the Delta T figure (think thats the tech term for temp rise :D ) is less and hence a higher flow rate is acheived?

Thats what i thought - 20lt when store is full and reduced when store is cold (worked this out whilst discussing the need for programmed hot water preheat), but was not to sure on how it worked internally.

cheers.

and the diverter is a pain in the arse to change.

did one last week :(

Sponsored Links
nickso said:
and the diverter is a pain in the a**e to change.

did one last week :(
Brave man Nick. Had one today witha calorifier blocked.
Told him to ring Worcester as it would cost treble for me to repair it. Nicely sandwiched inbetween some units aswell.

is that the one where you need to take the flow pipe off the main hx to change it?.

ollski said:
is that the one where you need to take the flow pipe off the main hx to change it?.
Sort of you basically have to take everything out to get to it at the back.

pannierstan said:
ollski said:
Sort of you basically have to take everything out to get to it at the back.

when worcester designed the hiflow (any model or year) they must have though it would be funny to make everything virtually impossible to get out without removing knuckle skin and leaving vast quantities of water lying on the floor.

this new model has confirmed how much i always hated them...i now avoid at all costs.

stan, i thought the calorifier looked ok to get out on this one, did you mean the old model at the back?

I know the 400 is at the back from several tortuous experiences, but I didn't even know there was a 440.

its pretty new....thats the only one ive seen and they love them up here :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back