calling all pro's? painting interior and exterior estimate??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Would any of you experienced decorators be able to give me a ball-park figure of what someone would charge to paint a typical 3 bed/2 recep victorian terrace inside and out? Sash windows remain but void of any other character such as cornices/coving/plasterwork. We are talking a whizz round and general 'making-good'. The property has not had much love in the last 15-20 years. No wall paper involved, just painted walls and ceilings.

Cheers N

Please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
Totally impossible im affriad Nish...

Take me advice...always get people round to quote, if you try and do it over the phone of like this youll end up either getting ripped or just paying far to much.

Imagine this...

You ring 3 painters asking for a price over the phone...they will always try and cover themselves, they would have too becasue they cant see the job..

So..

Painter A's quote........500

Painter B...400

Painter C .......600...

You go for the cheapest..400..

The job in reality may only be worth 300...but no one is going to give you a hundred pounds back.

Soo youl over pay.

Most tradeswo/men worth their salf wouldnt price over the its unprofessional and always causes disputes.

thanks mate, I know what you're saying. It's me who is doing the painting though, at mates rates for......a mate of mine. I'm doin it ridiculously cheap but it will look damn good. I reckon it'll come in at about 3.5 maybe 4 grand when all said and done. I just wanted to know to the nearest couple of grand what a legit painter would charge. A couple of people have said 10k. I know i'm sellin' meself woefully short but he's on a budget and i need the cash to go on me hols. It will be a good ad for my services should i pursue it as an earner in the future though.

cheers N

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back