No hotwater to the power shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a power shower for years. A year ago the shower started to play up. There was no hot water coming out, only cold water when I turned on the mixer tap. I have checked the pump and it is working, which explains why cold water is coming out when I turn the mixer tap to cold. I have found that the pipe that feeds hot water from the hot water cylinder to the pump is cold, which means the hot water is not coming out of the cylinder into the pump. The cylinder is below the first floor. The shower is on first floor. But I suppose it is ok as the water is pumped up to the shower.

I just wonder why the hot water stops going into the pump. Is it air locked in the pipe? Is it easy to clear the air?

I have called for a couple of plumbers to fix it. They came to have a look and said would come back later. But they never did. I just wonder if it is because it is a small job that is not worth their while. Is it something that an average DIY can handle?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back