Is there a device to help diagnose combi-boiler faults?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello...

Diagnostic computer/device for combi-boilers?

I am hoping to find out if there is a device that would help me troubleshoot a faulty combination boiler (Vokera Compact 24). The boiler heats up, hits error condition, (red light) cuts out and then fires up again, and so forth. The error condition can last for a number of hours on some occasions before it resets to green. Also problem is intermittent, in that it may result in effectively unusabale hot water and central heating system for 2 weeks and then just work again and then fail again. I can't as yet identify a pattern.

Obviously the error could be any one of the items involved in firing up and maintaining the sequence required to produce hot water in a constant fashion (e.g: gas present? Fan running? Water flow switch? etc...) - someone even suggested there is a spring involved in the gas supply within the boiler that may be faulty hence the cutting out!!???

So, it is my understanding that Heating Engineers have a device that they can connect to a combi-boiler that helps them diagnose the seat of a fault within minutes if not seconds. Does anyone know if such a device exists, where I could get one (I am based in central Scotland), and what the cost would be?

Thanks for reading and any info you might be able to give.

Jamie.

Sponsored Links
I wish

I think ideal and ariston do but no others i am afraid

no replacing experiance and training is there :)

Almost certainly a bad joint.No machine will diagnose this, it's usually done by visual inspection.

Sponsored Links
Very likely, though could be in the wiring, or the connector attaching the wiring to the board.

Red light is also used for overheat conditions. Try changing the DHW thermistor - it's cured this fault before.

i`ve had similar fault and changed thermistors , worked ever since .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back