AUTOMATIC AIR VENT LEAKING WATER, PLEASE HELP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Potterton Combi 80 and it has been leaking water from the automatic air vent. The central heating and radiators have been working ok, when we use the hot water tap, after turning the tap off the boiler makes a horrible noise (kettling???), the noise comes from the back of the boiler, the big orange round thing, i think its called the pressure vessel. I am not sure if the pressure bar had dropped prior to this happening or because of this happening.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received ,unless its telling me i need to spend a fortune on it (only joking)

Sponsored Links
Of COURSE it's leaking, that's how you know it's got water in it. :eek:

Changing the AAV is only the answer to its leaking.

Your other problem will be covered if you go through "Boiler Pressure Problems" in the faq section

many thanks Chris. I was just wondering how water got into an air vent and whether that meant something more serious or too technical for me but probably best if i stay out of it if thats the case. Was hoping it would just be a case of replacing the AAV and sorting out the pressure, so will try that and keep fingers crossed.

many thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back