Worcs 24 CDI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,

I'm unsure if this has always been the case, but as soon as i turn on the hot water tap for bath/sinks the radiators start getting warm.
(7 rads) fitted 8+ years a go.

is this normal. i thought the heating system was seperate from taps.
Is this a problem or fitted wrong or am i just insane.

I also had a cold radiator, but now that works..down to a sticky valve now fixed thanks to your forum.

thanks

Sponsored Links
diverter valve fault, can be cleaned but might be worth replacing the whole unit.

Sounds like your diverter valve is faulty.

Not a DIY job on this boiler.

nope u have to remove the DHW heat exchanger and filling loop etc..

not too bad if methodical but if no experiance then leave alone :!:

Sponsored Links
dan the man said:
nope u have to remove the DHW heat exchanger and filling loop etc..

not too bad if methodical but if no experiance then leave alone :!:
Both of those jobs are within the scope of someone with enough care and patience, the hardest bit being getting all the water out. :rolleyes:

i have read a DIY approach on these to change the diaphram in the diverter as i understand a bit easyer but has the chance of still not working (hence a pro would change the lot to guarentte their work and they would change it easyier anuway).

I hear they leak alot and its bet to change some seals? and use some leak sealer? -can anyone confirm?

sm1thson said:
I hear they leak a lot and its bet to change some seals?
If you "hear" it then why are you asking a question? And where, pray, do you "hear" this stuff?

ok that line should have read: 'i think i may of read that on the worc 24cdi when the heatexchanger etc are removed and replaced it is common for the seals to leak, can anybody varify this?'
-i had put a ? at the end to show i was questioning this and that it wasnt necessaraly a fact.

i have a 24cdi so i had made a mental note of this (although i questioned it as my memory isnt very good, and i may have been misinformed!), maybe it wasnt as common as the post i think i read made out, lol. or is it common? or is it just general pracice to renew the seals?

(edit, and when i referred to leak sealer i meant a type you apply to the joint not that you add into the system)

sm1thson said:
ok that line should have read: 'i think i may of read that on the worc 24cdi when the heatexchanger etc are removed and replaced it is common for the seals to leak, can anybody varify this?'
Yes - it is common, particularly on the plate HE. You can either use a new seal, or add some LSX (sparingly).

i have a 24cdi so i had made a mental note of this, but maybe it wasnt as common as the post i think i read made out, lol. or is it common? or is it just general pracice to renew the seals?
It's a matter of personal choice, but when you've done it many times you also get a feel for what the right course of action is going to be, as with most things. Since you won't be doing this very often, you might want to get new seals to have ready, just in case.

(edit, and when i referred to leak sealer i meant a type you apply to the joint not that you add into the system)
Quite so. I presumed that you meant something like LSX.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back