valiant combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I wonder if someone can help. I have got a valiant combi boiler and both the hot water and heating are working - however not as I\\\'d like. Whenever I turn the hot water on the heating automatically comes on as well. Any ideas how to rectify this please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
can we have a few more details?

what vaillant is it Thermocompact, turbomax etc...

This sounds like a sticking diverter valve on a three year old 824/828.

Needs replacing!

Tony Glazier

Haven't got full details with me today, I'll check tonight. Thanks both for replying.

Agile - if that is the problem, is it very expensive to fix?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
That depends on what you think is expensive and who does it for you!

In London we charge our standard diagnostic fee of £84 plus about £90 for the part.

Tony

Help,

My boiler has been leaking constantly for the last few months - despite the best efforts of our local plumber. It has now emptied itself and we have no central heating/hot water!!!

If we could top it up, we might be able to last the Xmas period before we get the plumber in again/find another 1!

Thanks in anticipation.

trosh said:
Help,

My boiler has been leaking constantly for the last few months - despite the best efforts of our local plumber. It has now emptied itself and we have no central heating/hot water!!!

If we could top it up, we might be able to last the Xmas period before we get the plumber in again/find another 1!

Thanks in anticipation.

Good post :LOL:

Any suggestions?? It's a Vaillant combi of some sort (at work at the mo) that's 3-5yrs old. tips on how to re-fill, greatly received!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back