Painted Before miscoat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive had a room skimmed, have been meaning to do the miscoat but not had time yet. Came home last night from work and my misses said 'oh Ive started painting the room' :( , with silk paint, no miscoat gggrrrrr

I managed to rub it off with fine sand paper but just wondered if its done any damage should I do anything to the area now before I put miscoat on ?

Sponsored Links
I dontthink it will have done any damage. The mist coat is only to seal the wall

The best remedy in this situation is to find a new wife / girlfriend :LOL:

trotter said:
The best remedy in this situation is to find a new wife / girlfriend :LOL:

Tell me about :LOL: me thinks I will be, but it aint going to cheap for me :cry:

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
I dontthink it will have done any damage. The mist coat is only to seal the wall

I disagree there...its to prime it not seal it..if the mist coat is contract that wont 'seal' it as such.

Are you sure you want to use silk on bare plaster?...it shows up every little deviation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back